Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Today's the day!

I can't believe it, but it's finally time for me to go! I've been looking forward to this day for many months now, and it still feels so surreal. My mom's about to take Jenna and I to the LAX airport, where a long journey awaits.. but it will be so worth it!
These past few weeks at home have been great, just what I needed and also just what I'll miss. Last night we had a baby shower for my sister, Aubrey, who is due with her first kid (a girl) in early June (so sad I'm missing it!!) I'm so so excited for her and Joe and their new little family, and that I get to be an aunt... baby Brinley is already so spoiled but I don't think any of us can help ourselves. The shower was a lot of fun, and I got to see old friends, which of course made me even more sad to say goodbye.
I figure these three short months will fly by, and I probably won't want to come home. Here's to hoping I get through 20+ hours of flying and make it over there in one piece!
Wish me luck, I'll keep my family and anyone else updated here on this blog, and anyone is welcome to email me (at MLChapman09@gmail.com), or skype at mchappys.. Adios, America!!! Until August!!
Mai Pen Rai! ไร่เชียงใหม่ปากกา

No comments: