Wednesday, May 16, 2012

lam tay tay!

A few highlights from today...
- Work meeting at Pam's house = Jenna and I had some down time with wifi.. sad how dependent we are on technology but it was nice haha
- Pam took us into town to show us how to use the right colored rot dang's when we need to navigate by ourselves this weekend... could become very complicated but she was so helpful!
- We had a fun afternoon in the street market, but my favorite place was at this little Indian/Nepalese inspired store and on the second floor was a cafe type hangout place, where we had the most delicious smoothies.. I just loved the atmosphere in there and all the decor.. pictures below
- Olay, from the center I work at, who introduced me to san bot, a gel you put on your mosquito bites and they don't itch after that.. really grateful for it now especially that I have several bites all over my legs! 
- Ning, my sister, took me to Big C tonight, which is basically an ULTRA super Costco.. yeah, you didn't think Costco could get anymore legit... until you come to Asia!! It was really sweet because she wanted me to pick out some American type foods to make me feel more comfortable, anyway I got a few apples, some OJ, pasta (quite excited to make that for them haha), and Masman curry which we had with dinner tonight.. YUM
- Riding around on the motorcycle multiple times a day, to work, to the market.. I probably should feel more scared riding on them but surprisingly I'm not.. they're a lot of fun.. and I figure this is the common way of transportation out here so they know what they're doing.
- Finally letting go of all hopes to ever fit in in this world when I was the ONLY farang at Big C, of course in some crazy looking pajama's (as if I needed to stand out more) because I was doing laundry back home!

If you ever come across this place, try the banana blackberry smoothie... lam tay tay! ('delicious' in northern Thai) :)

1 comment:

Aubrey said...

I subscribe to your blog on goggle reader which I read every morning, but I don't always comment. I will try to do better!! love all the post though!! Have a fun week! xoxo