Wednesday, May 23, 2012

dehydration blows

That last post seemed to be like a bad omen... I fell asleep for a couple hours last night still feeling nauseas and too sick to try to drink water, so I woke up in the middle of the night even worse... finally I let my host family take me to the hospital since all I could do was lie on the floor and not move or drink anything.. the hospital was nice, air conditioned, and the nurse and Dr spoke decent English... anywho I was so out of it so they gave me some medicine, moderate pain killers, and other stuff for my tummy like rehydration packs, and sent me home already feeling better than before but still so-so. Came home, slept for forever, and now I feel loads better, still trying to keep up with fluids.. it's hard cause you don't realize how much you really do need out here in the heat, you sweat, can only drink bottled water so it feels like you're drinking a lot but I guess I need to be getting more in me.. so here's to drinking LOTS more water and gatorade!! Stay cool in the summer heat, my friends.

2 comments:

Aubrey said...

You'll be peeing like a 9 month pregnant lady in no time!! Glad you are feeling like you can drink water again.. No more scares please
Xoxo
Love you

Kirsten Wiemer said...

ahhh mer. sowwy. i hope you are feeling better soon. and yes drink it like its alcohol, or something lol. love you.